The mission of the Advanced Manufacturing Enterprise (AME) Subpanel of the Joint Defense Manufacturing Technology Panel (JDMTP) is to address the technologies and practices to fully realize government and industry-wide use of manufacturing readiness tools and processes, including design for producibility and sustainability across the Army, Navy, Air Force, Defense Logistics Agency, Missile Defense Agency, Office of Secretary of Defense, industry, and academia. The AME Subpanel comes together to promote dual-use technology applications between the Federal Government and the private sector, foster joint project planning, and hold annual portfolio reviews to coordinate all Department of Defense Manufacturing Technology (DoD ManTech) Program AME projects to eliminate unwarranted duplication and identify common requirements. Actions to assist in improving defense manufacturing infrastructure and workforce are also within scope of the AME Subpanel.
The Subpanel remains cognizant of state of the art technology developments and innovative and disruptive manufacturing processes related to AME. The AME Subpanel serves to enhance manufacturing technology transfer and transition among the DoD components, other government agencies, industry, and academia and serves as the DoD technical focal point for manufacturing technology within its scope. The AME Subpanel coordinates complementary technology development with other Subpanels to facilitate effective insertion and transition.
The AME Subpanel encompasses the technologies, processes, and practices that foster rapid, superior execution of manufacturing enterprises across the life cycle. This includes:
- Model-based tools and approaches that optimize producibility during early design and support standard data environments for life cycle support
- Network centric manufacturing capabilities to facilitate resilient and adaptable supply chains
- Intelligent manufacturing planning and factory execution
- Modeling and simulation capabilities advancing the above business practices
The AME Subpanel has three working groups:
- Gaps trends and opportunities (GTO)
- Cyber security
- Digital information and visualization (DIV)